Friday, May 25, 2012

The Greatest Poem Ever

In loving memory of my wife Joan Elizabeth Mitchell-Nelson
on the sixth anniversary of you joining God's chorus of Angels

Rest in Peace
July 28, 1959 until May 25, 2006
Our Wedding Day, June 19, 1982 - the greatest day of my life

To show how much I love you
I wrote the greatest poem ever
That told the story of two
And a love they would always treasure

It told how you made me better
And how you saved my life
Of how I will love you forever
And you will always be my wife

Of our many adventures together
Including the birth of our son
A love that changed like the weather
Then all too soon you were gone

The night that I first ever saw you
Seeing you so elegant and serene
And how Cupid and his arrow true
Guided me to my Queen

Of our first dance together
I still remember the song
A soulful romantic ballad
Of a love that finally went wrong

Now the days drag on forever
Without you by my side
My life worth living never
Without my beautiful bride


No comments:

Post a Comment