Thursday, May 24, 2012

Eternity in a day



Never measure our love by seconds
Minutes days or years
My love for you is always  timeless
Despite how things appeared

You held fast to the things you loved
And one of those things was me
But life gives us all only so many chances
Even when love is meant to be

Distance kept us from growing together
When I needed you next to me
But know that I will love you forever
The one who failed you was me

An illness took you from me
Despite how hard you fought
My failure was to make you see
Without you I was lost

Each year since you have gone away
Is filled with shame and regret
And still I find it hard to say
All the things I have not said yet

A man would have found a way
To keep his love safe and sound
But all I have left to say
Is I am sorry I let you down

Your stay in heaven will be eternity
God rewards his Angels well
My not keeping you safe and next to me
Has sealed my fate in hell




No comments:

Post a Comment