Wednesday, June 13, 2012

On The Subway From Newark To New York

an exotic and mysterious
asian woman sat across from me
on the subway heading
from Newark to New York
me a tourist on my way to see
the Thanksgiving Day Parade
and across from me was the most beautiful
exotic woman I had ever seen in my life
her beauty was stunning
as I sat hoping my stolen glances
would at least get a smile from her
surely the beauty of the
churches and temples in her homeland
all pale when compared to her
my mind wandered
to who she was
what she did and who she did it with
all the time wishing it was me
though rude to stare
I could not turn away
the shape of her face
her jet black hair
I was lost in the
graceful elegance of her neck
and the perfection that she was
both of us clad in
black leather
hers delicate and light like her
mine heavy and dark like me
she held me in a spell
that was hypnotic and mystical
and as she got up to leave
I hoped she would invite me
to join her and as she left
a part of my heart left
with her and will forever
remain on that subway
from Newark to New York
or was it Jersey City?





No comments:

Post a Comment