Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Anniversary

To my beautiful wife Joan Elizabeth Mitchell-Nelson.
Today we celebrate our 30th anniversary.
Rest in Peace with God in heaven my Angel



Thirty years ago today you agreed to be my wife
A day that forever changed my life
Your commitment to me was to give me your love
Now I feel it each day from heaven above
As a husband I can honestly say that I was bad
But yours was the best love I ever had
You stood by me above all else
And never doubted me when I doubted my self
Now for me this day is filled with tears
No one to share with my daily fears
We talked about how we would someday
Sit in the Florida sun and watch our grandchildren play
Now I just go through the world alone
No grandchildren and our son is grown
I had the greatest gift in life
Thirty years ago today you agreed to be my wife

No comments:

Post a Comment