Thursday, March 29, 2012

Two Souls

my heart will always belong to you
but you have to share my soul
because having been born with two
there is something you should know

once before when I was here
things were left undone
this soul belonged to someone else
who never learned to love

the day that he was taken away
he did not want to go
his soul refused to rest that day
and the rest you now know

on the day that I was born
he needed a place to stay
into my brand new body he came
and never went away

each day now I battle
with one who is dark as night
who constantly tries to rule
the one who seeks the light

when what is inside of me
finally learns its roll
that is the day that we
can finally share my soul

until then I can truly say
that I will never learn to love
I pray for the day when he goes away
and finds peace with God above

No comments:

Post a Comment