Friday, January 6, 2012

Gifts from a psychic

Place into my palm the silver
Were the words from the mysterious stranger
Slightly my body did shiver
But no time felt any danger

Olive was her skin and midnight her hair
She made me eager to hear more
Not faint of heart or easy to scare
She knew what my visit was for

And yes to her the gift I did give
With the coin of silver and gold
She knew I could no longer live
With this weight so heavy and cold

Now to me give your hand the sultry psychic did say
As my heart beat quick from her touch
I knew she had so much to say
That would finally rid me this crutch

You do not wish to live a long time
Came slithering off her tongue
The look on my face defied reason or rhyme
As it did since I was young

The line that is your life will not let you leave
She said as each word stabbed more and more
She said the pain is not yours that your grieve
As my fears fell straight to the floor

Love is the lesson that you must learn
Before you are allowed to move on
What you must feel is something you earn
Before this pain can be gone

This is hard for you because not yours is this time
She purred as she squeezed my hand
You must learn to let this fall from your mind
This time is not yours young man

The body is yours, but the soul from another
And her touch began to grow cold
This lesson to learn belongs to some other
A soul that will not grow old

This soul was not ready and too soon taken away
Her eyes now turned white as snow
It refuses to learn new lessons each day
And you must pay what it owes

The pain was too great when the soul ripped away
And stubborn a soul it still is
Thankful should you be here on this day
To ease the soul that is his

Cold to the touch, eyes white as snow
I tried to pull away but she would not let me go
He has made your heart cold and unable to grow
Were her words that did ring and echo

Lock these words deep in your heart
Said she with a deep sigh
Do not fear or live deep in the dark
It is not your time to die

No comments:

Post a Comment