Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Village Elder

The village elder sat by the fire and waited as each one came
To ask about the world entire before they set out for fame

Tell me elder will I find riches beyond my wildest dreams
The elder looked and said anything can happen or so it seems

The young one responded to what he thought had to be a game
Tell me said the elder tell me what is my name

Why you are the elder of which it is said
All things important are kept in your head

Many stories are told said the elder so true
But what is the answer of that I asked of you

Your riddles confuse me said the young to the wise
The elder said then how do you know the truth from the lies

The young grew restless and angered quite quickly
But no response came from the elder so sickly

You cannot be as wise as what they say of you
Learn truth from lies said the elder that you must do

One by one they approached and then all left in shame
For no one bothered to ask the elder his name

As he sat alone the elder had done his task
And said to get answers to questions all one must do is ask

No comments:

Post a Comment